Tuesday, September 28, 2010

{Every} girl needs a place for her bows!

So this is fantastic! A super cute way to display a little girl's beautiful hair accessories! I mean you spend enough money on them....why not make them a piece of art right?

I found this tutorial for an adorable cork board and knew right away that this was exactly what Averee needed for her room!

The entire project hardly cost any money (or time for that matter) since I had left over fabric and ribbon from her room. I did need to buy a 10 x 10 piece of canvas and cork board. I bought the canvas and cork board for around $5 (Joann's always has great coupons in the Sunday paper!)

What you need:
10x 10 piece of canvas (or any size that you wish to use)
Cork board ( I used the roll and cut it to size)
Ribbon
Button or Embellishment
Hot glue gun
Staple gun (it is OK if you don't have this but it makes the project a little easier)

And I apologize for the photos. Major difficulty getting the settings right on the night of crafting!

To start cut your fabric to 14 x 14 (or measure depending on the size of your canvas)

Fold side and use the staple gun to staple in place (I did opposite sides first)

     

    

Then fold sides as if you were wrapping a present. Use staple gun to secure in place.

     

This is what your board will look like

     

Next cut your cork board to size. I cut mine to an 8 x 8 square to leave a 1 inch boarder around the sides.

     

Now it is time to make your flower. Cut three circles of varying sizes. Using two different fabrics will make the flower stand out more.

      

And because I am not very good at doing a free hand circle I used these to create my circles.


     

Next take one circle at a time, place hot glue (best if using a low temp glue gun to avoid burns) and then pinch in the middle. Do this with all three circles


This is what they will look like. Then starting with the large one on the bottom, hot glue the middle size circle to the center of the large one and repeat with the small one to the medium size one. Finish by gluing a button or embellishment of choice in the center. Then hot glue finished flower to desired location on board.


Last cut ribbon of choice to desired length and hot glue to bottom of board (on the back side of the canvas board). I also chose to add a pink bow to the bottom of this ribbon which I just hot glued directly to the ribbon.


And here is your finished product! Isn't it beautiful? Now we can nicely display photos and hair bows in her room. You can of course add multiple ribbons to the bottom or make the ribbon longer. I chose this because it worked for the space where we wanted to hang it.


Now she has a beautiful holder to match the rest of her room perfectly!

 

This would make a great gift for a baby shower or birthday party for any little girl or even just as a cute piece for your own home (without the ribbon on the bottom)! I am actually planning to make more just to use as a bulletin board for my laundry room!

Coming up next....Averee's Halloween custom and a new project that I am starting today!


Where did I learn how to create this beautiful board? Well from one of my favorite sites of course! http://www.landofthemisfittoyz.blogspot.com/ . Michelle (yes her name is Michelle too!) Has incredible tutorials on all sorts of amazing crafts! You should definitely check her site out! Happy crafting!

Woo Hoo! This project has been featured! Check it out!



I love to share! Check it out!
733
Allie makes
Letting the Creative Juices Flow





4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love that it matches her room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this is a wonderful idea. My daughter does not have many hair bows, but even then, this is so cute. Thanks for linking up to **Amaze me August** I feature this today, so please come grab a FEATURED button. Thanks again, Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really awesome! I love the cork board addition too!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank's Allie! I thought it turned out pretty darn cute! And it looks PERFECT in her room! Thank's ladies for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...