Sunday, November 7, 2010

Santa Clause is coming...

Yes...I know that it is only the very beginning of November but with Averee being at such an awesome age Ian and I are super excited for Christmas this year!

This year we are budgeting...uh huh...that B word is back again. So with this in mind there is going to be some handmade items sitting under the tree. And since Santa is so busy he asked if I could help! Over the next month or so I will show you the great finds that we have collected and the things that we are creating for our sweet Averee.

There is one thing, however, that we just can't make and are relying on Santa's elves to help us out with...


Little Tikes Home and Garden Playhouse

How adorable right? And I know that Averee is going to LOVE this! Her own little house! Reason's why we choose this particular house include:
  • The open design. With the scorching heat that we are presented with here in Florida we felt it was important for some air circulation.
  • The little picket fence. Not only can Averee help build, pull it apart and build it again but it is just adorable. I mean, honestly, who wouldn't love a picket fence?
  • The flower box! Next summer when Av is a bit older her and I can practice on our green thumbs (I'm certain I will need more practice then she will! Mine seems to turn most things brown but hey....we'll have fun with this flower box!)
  • The price....I know with all those gifts that Santa has to make and deliver around the world that he is also on a budget :). It is normally $159.99 at BRU but it is on sale right now for $129.99 and I'm hoping they will let me use a 20% coupon that I have....BRU can be kind of picky with their coupons so I'll let ya know.
  • Not only does it have a cute little mailbox but it has a kitchen and a tool work bench. Making our little lady very well rounded :)

I'm pretty sure it is going to be hard to keep this in it's box until Christmas but I know that Santa would be upset with us if we gave it to Av early. And if we gave it to her early we wouldn't be able to complete what I am most excited about...A friend I work with told me of this fantastic idea for Christmas morning. When her little one was right around Averee's age Santa gave her a little playhouse as well. But she, along with her husband, decided to "dress it up" for Christmas morning. They strung Christmas lights around it and placed a little mini Christmas tree inside along with a few small presents. I. Can't. WAIT. I can already see Averee's face light up on Christmas morning when she comes out of her room and sees her own little house all "dressed up!" Ahhhh....I feel like a little kid all over again!


Have you started your Christmas Shopping yet? Any great finds you would like to share....Let me know!
 
 
So just thought you all should know...we headed over to TRU today and the house was on sale in stores for $129.99 AND I was able to use my 20% coupon! So the grand total came to $103.99. Great deal! Santa already told us this will be Av's big gift this year!

2 comments:

  1. We bought a playhouse for Emmy and Noah today too! I can't wait for them to see it Christmas morning!!! We almost bought the same one but opted for one with a built in floor, doorbell, and kitchen. I am proud to say that Santa is done with his shopping for the Crimella children (and its not even December yet!!!!) I am certain that Miss Av is going to LOVE her house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally jealous that you finished shopping so early! I can't wait to see photos of their faces when they see this Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...