I saw this link recently on a friends Facebook status and I just had to share...It is soooo funny yet soooo true.
Here's a list of 10 things not to say to a working mom...
1. It must be hard missing all those special moments every day.
2. I suppose it's smart that you're working. You know, in case your husband leaves you some day.
3. I'm surprised you went back to work. Your husband seems so successful.
4. It's cute when they call your nanny "Mama."
5. I just love my kids too much to leave them during the day.
6. Did you see Dateline? The one with the hidden camera in the day care?
7. I could never let someone else raise my children. But that's just me!
8. I hated my mom because she was never home after school like everyone else's mom.
9. You must feel so guilty.
10. I wish I were as laid-back as you and could just let the housework go.
Thanks Redbook for the great laugh!
Have you ever heard any off the wall things? I was told when I was still pregnant that I better not be "farming" my children out. I had to ask for clarification (apparently it means daycare). I laughed and said I went to school too long to not use my knowledge to help others. The conversation ended after that :)
Next, up I'm working on a list of what not to say to a pregnant woman....I'd love to hear your ideas!